• Introduction to U.S. Business Law
• International Business Transactions
• Drafting International Contracts for Global Clients (Anglo-Saxon and civil law concepts)
• Tactics in Contract Negotiations
• Dodd-Frank for European and Foreign Businesses
• Privacy, Legal & Regulatory Issues
• Corporate Governance in the United States Compared to Europe, China, Brazil
• Negotiate with the U.S. Financial Authorities
• The Securities and Exchange Commission and the Policing of Financial Markets (Compliance, compliance with rules, understand the trading system)
• A Comparative Approach to Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
• Copyright Compliance in a Social Media World
• Internet Regulatory Tensions and Dialogue Between the E.U. and the U.S.
• Manager's Legal Team (Project management for in house lawyers)
• Law and Economics of Corporate Transactions
• International Finance
• Financial Transactions of International Trade
• U.S. Financial Institutions
• Anti-Money Laundering Measures
• Big Data, Information Governance and Data Governance
Law & Business Site Visits
• Wall Street, investment banks; New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ
• Hedge funds and private equity firms
• Global law firms
• U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
• U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Comissions
• U.S. Department of Justice
• Delaware Court of Chancery and other state and federal courts
Law & Business Consultancy Project
Based firmly in the participant's specific interests, this program will challenge the lawyer to demonstrate his/her combined legal and business skills. Each project is developed, discussed, administered and presented by Cardozo and practicing lawyers in a broad range of industries.
Supervised by a team-assigned Cardozo mentor, participants work in diverse teams on a consultant basis for a real-life client. Participants can develop their business and law skills in addition to applying the concepts learned in class. Participants will be able to work independently or collaboratively in teams and will be required to present their projects to a panel of faculty and alumni.
Please start your online application here.
For group or individual registrations, please contact Joshua Epstein at: email@example.com / 212.790.0325.
Cardozo has secured a block of luxury corporate apartments at THE ONE in Jersey City, with stunning views of the Hudson River and Manhattan. A short train ride away, THE ONE is the epitome of luxury and convenience.
Two Bedroom / 2 weeks stay: $1600 per person (double) / $2835 (single)
One Bedroom/ 2 weeks stay: $1300 per person (double) / $2630 (single)
Studio / 2 weeks stay: $1095 per person (double) / $2185 (single)
To learn more about The One, please visit here.
To reserve your apartment, please contact Jillian Gautier at firstname.lastname@example.org / 212.790.0257.
$3000 per participant
(Some meals are included.)
Assistant Dean for Graduate & International Programs
email@example.com / 212.790.0361
Joshua.Epstein@yu.edu / 212.790.0325
Program Director, The Heyman Center
firstname.lastname@example.org / 212.790.0257
7 Reasons for Joining the Program: Impactful Learning for a Professional Advantage
This 2-week training in U.S. business and law is crucial for non-U.S. licensed lawyers in house or in law firms, and for their business organizations. This program will expose them to necessary legal skills to perform effectively in a global market. For foreign lawyers facing a regulatory proceeding, a transaction or litigation with a U.S. party, or who are simply interested in gaining a U.S. perspective on business and legal solutions on important crossborder matters, this program will help them discover new solutions to daily problems and encourage deep and creative thinking through practical experiences.
Our aim is to provide a balanced approach of focused sessions on topics of interest for an enhanced personalized experience, combined with group projects and exchanges that will complement the educational seminars and build relationships among the lawyers in the program. For many, this may be their first exposure to formal instruction in U.S. business and legal topics, but the primary goal is to give participants a big picture understanding of global business issues while teaching them applied business and legal skills.
Cardozo School of Law
Cardozo School of Law is a top law school located at the heart of Manhattan on lower Fifth Avenue and 12th Street. The school offers a comprehensive legal education in the midst of one of the world's leading cities for law, business, finance, media and culture. Cardozo has a national reputation for a top-caliber faculty and an innovative academic program that seek to further a tradition of legal practice that evolves with the times. To learn more, visit www.cardozo.yu.edu.