1. LL.M. in Business and Corporate Law
- Address: Warren Hall, Room 203 San Diego, CA 92110-2492
- Administrative contact: LLM and MSLS Programs Admissions
- Administrative Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +1 (619)-260-4596
- Website: http://www.sandiego.edu/law/ac...
- Master of laws (LL.M.)
- Starting date: Spring; Summer; Fall
- Tuition Fee: > 30,000 USD
- Language: English
- Program type: Full-time
- Duration: 1 year
- Specialization: Business Law
Key Program Features
The LLM in Business and Corporate Law is a professional development degree that was designed specifically for attorneys who need to expand an existing practice to include complex business transactions, as well as those who seek to change their practice from a law firm to an in-house position as corporate counsel.
- Available courses highlight practical as well as theoretical knowledge, and focus on a wide range of subjects that impact business transactions in the U.S. and around the world
- Common subjects include taxation, labor and employment, corporate finance, intellectual property, and international transactions
- Creating an individualized combination of approved electives and other courses allows candidates to design a program that best suits their professional interests
- Students may begin the program in the Fall, Spring or Summer term
- Candidates may complete the degree requirements in as little as 1 year, or may take up to 4 years
- Full-time (9 or more credits) and part-time (8 or fewer credits) options are available
- Many courses are offered in the day as well as evening
- A candidate for this LLM degree must successfully complete 24 credit hours of appropriate coursework
- Required course: Corporations
- 4 of the 24 credits must fulfill a written work requirement, which may be satisfied by a minimum of two research papers in the area of business & corporate law
- 15 of the 24 credits must come from approved elective courses in the area of business and corporate law
- Remaining credits may be chosen from any of our other course offerings
- Full details of the degree requirements may be found in the School of Law Academic Rules in the Student Handbook
Approved Elective Courses
Please visit the course descriptions page for examples of current and recently offered courses that are eligible for approved elective credit in the LLM in Business and Corporate Law program.
- Candidates work closely with the Associate Director to design a program that fulfills not only the degree requirements, but also the attorney’s professional goals
- Our Career and Professional Development Office offers individualized career counseling appointments, as well as many other resources ranging from networking events to information about specific job opportunities
- Alumni of this program practice in numerous areas, including as corporate counsel and as attorneys in fields as diverse as biotech, retirement planning, international business transactions, and general corporate law
LLM Tuition, Fees and Scholarships
Please visit our Financial Aid website for tuition, fee and scholarship information
International Applicants - PLEASE NOTE!
- International applicants should apply for the LLM in Comparative Law program with a concentration in Business and Corporate Law. GPA and language accommodations are available for many Comparative Law candidates.
- Please contact LLM and MSLS Admissions with any questions or concerns.
We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2016 semester. Submit your application early for priority admission and scholarship consideration. The application deadline is June 1, 2016.
NO APPLICATION FEE
There are no application fees for LLM degree programs at USD School of Law.