LLM in International and European Law
- Address: Vrije Universiteit Brussel p/a Marleen Van Impe Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Administrative contact: Marleen Van Impe
- Administrative Email: Marleen.Van.Impe@vub.be
- Phone: +32 2 614 80 51
- Website: https://www.llminbrussels.eu/a...
- Manager Contact: Harri Kalimo
- Manager Email: email@example.com
- Master of laws (LL.M.)
- Starting date: September
- Tuition Fee: $6,995.00 USD
- Language: English
- Program type: Full-time; Dual Grad
- Duration: 1 year
- Specialization: International Law ; European Law
The LLM offers a unique mixture of European and international, public and business law in the following fields:
- EU Institutional Framework and Judicial Protection
- EU Economic Law
- External relations
- Globalization, International Law & Sustainable Development
- International and European Protection of Human Rights
- European and International Competition Law
- International Economic Law and Organizations
- International and Comparative Law
The educational techniques of the programme include, in addition to the more traditional forms of lecturing, interactive class teaching as well as practical case studies that simulate day-to-day professional life. The programme offers a balanced, versatile package.
The LLM in International and European law is a one-year 60 ECTS Advanced Master's degree obtained in one academic year (i.e. two semesters of four months each, from end September until early July).
ECTS (European Credit Transfer System): 1 credit represents 25-30 hours of study activity.
Students are eligible to apply when they have completed their study of law and have received, in accordance with the requirements in their host country, a final law degree that provides access to the legal profession or to the qualifying exams for admission to the Bar. The equivalence of foreign degrees will be decided by the Academic Board of the Programme. Students are selected on basis of their academic qualifications, as well as their work experience as shown by their study results and recommendations.
Click here to go to the application form for this programme.
All IES students can benefit from career advice, including interview preparation and CV review at the VUB Career Centre, as well as in the search of the first professional experience. These services are offered by means of individual training sessions or group workshops.
The VUB has a partnership with The Adecco Group since October 2016 and their career coaches are happy to help. Clients of the Career Centre include major law firms and the European Commission.
The VUB Career Center is a central service of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel that aims to reduce the gap between students and the labour market. This service is exclusively for VUB students and VUB alumni.