LLM in Taxation
- Address: School of Law, Graduate Tax Program, 101 Howard Street, Suite 430, San Francisco, CA 94105
- Assistant Director: Ellen Strauss
- Director Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 415.422.4926
- Website: https://www.usfca.edu/law/admi...
- Associate Director: Natascha Fastabend
- Director Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Master of laws (LL.M.)
- Starting date: Spring; Summer; Fall
- Tuition Fee: $47,520.00 USD
- Language: English
- Program type: Part-time; Full-time
- Duration: 1 year; 2 years
- Specialization: Taxation
Many courses are offered online, allowing students the ultimate flexibility to earn their degree in a way that works for them. Like the in-person courses, our online courses are taught by our preeminent full-time faculty and adjunct professors and include weekly opportunities to work with the professor and collaborate other students. Using the online learning platform, students access course materials, view multimedia content, and work on course assignments. Online courses are available to residents of these states.
Unique Partnership with Andersen Tax
Students enrolled in USF’s LLM in Taxation Program can take courses at Andersen Tax’s San Francisco headquarters. Studying alongside this distinguished accounting firm's managers and associates, students hone their skills while enhancing their network.
Our faculty are true experts in tax law, empowering students with a comprehensive understanding of tax laws and policies to be prepared for a career in the complex and ever-changing field of taxation. Distinguished faculty include E.L. Wiegand Distinguished Professor in Tax Daniel Lathrope, who is academic director of the program, and Professor Joshua Rosenberg, author of leading treatises in tax law, as well as practitioners from the IRS, leading law firms, and notable accounting firms.
Hands-on Experience & Networking
Students graduate well-prepared for private practice, in-house positions, government positions, and tax departments of businesses in a range of industries.
With a dedicated academic and career counselor who offers truly personalized attention, we tailor our approach for each student, helping them to select courses and professional development opportunities individually. Our job placement process draws on our extensive network of alumni and professional contacts and capitalizes on the expertise and guidance of practicing attorneys and trained career counselors.
Hands-on skills training is a key feature of our program. We offer a wide range of experiential learning opportunities, including the Tax Appeals Assistance Program and both private sector and government externships.
Through extensive networking opportunities, such as the Annual Tax Law Lecture Series, students expand their knowledge and build their network by meeting prominent tax and accounting professionals.
The LLM in Taxation program requires each student to complete 24 credits. The program may be completed full-time in one year or part-time in two years.
- Federal Tax Accounting and Tax Timing Issues (2 units)
- Federal Taxation of Property Dispositions (2 units)
- Graduate Corporate Taxation (3 units)
- Graduate Partnership Taxation (3 units)
- Federal Tax Procedure/Professional Responsibility (2 units)
- Tax Research (1 unit)
- Estate and Gift Taxation
- Advanced Estate Planning
- Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates
- Foreign Taxation I and Foreign Taxation II
- Qualified and Non-qualified Compensation Issues
- State and Local Taxation
- Tax Policy
- Accounting for Lawyers
- Tax Moot Court
- California Tax Appeals Assistance Program
- Federal Tax Crimes and Penalties
- Transfer Pricing
- Bankruptcy Taxation
- Real Estate Taxation
Tuition Fee: $ 1980 per unit
- Application form (download the application)
- Application fee ($75)
- Personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- TOEFL / IETLS score (TOEFL score of 600 PBT, 100 IBT or higher or IETLS score of 7.0), International Students only
- Certification of Finances (International Students only)
- Financial Aid Packages & Merit Scholarships Available
- Application/Character and Fitness Updates
More information about the admission procedure here