IU McKinney LL.M. Program Rates an A-Plus According to 'International Jurist'
The Master of Laws program at the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law received A-plus ratings from the International Jurist in the categories of “Best Law School Experience” and “Best Value Law Schools,” and an A rating in the category of “Academics.”
Regarding the rating for “Best Law School Experience,” the magazine notes that LL.M. students are eligible to participate in IU McKinney’s law journals and experiential learning opportunities. In the “Best Value Law Schools” category, the magazine highlights scholarships and the low cost of living in Indianapolis. As for the “Academics” rating, the article mentions the percentage of faculty who studies or worked internationally and the availability of mentors to foreign students.
The magazine also featured the news of the formation of the Pro Bono United Nations Human Rights Reporting Organization, which was founded with the help of several of McKinney Law’s international students in January 2017. The item is featured in the “LL.M. News: Midwest” section of the magazine.
It’s just one of many accolades of which the law school is proud:
- IU McKinney traditionally makes the annual “Best Value Law School” list, issued by the magazine, The National Jurist.
- The law school also was named to Lawyers of Color’s Top 5 list for the Midwest Region for 2014.
- IU McKinney had the most alumni chosen for the 2016 edition of Indiana Super Lawyers, where the law school’s alumni were 44 percent of the lawyers listed.
- U.S. News and World Report ranked IU McKinney 12th for Health Care Law, 15th for Legal Writing, which is the 12th consecutive year that this program has ranked in the top 25, and 32nd for the part-time program.
- The website graduateprograms.com ranked IU McKinney at number 26 for student satisfaction in 2017.
- The website “Best Choice Schools” rated IU McKinney’s Inlow Hall at number 22 for “Most Impressive Law School Buildings in the World. Among all buildings in the United States, IU McKinney came in at number 13, and was ranked at number 5 in the Midwest.
- IU McKinney has twice received the Indiana State Bar Association’s Erik Chickedantz Law School Fitness Award in recognition of the Office of Student Affairs efforts to promote student wellness.
- Professor Carlton Waterhouse and the Black Law Students Association received the Indiana State Bar Association’s Raab Emison Award for Diversity. The award was presented in 2013.
- The Indiana Law Review was named to the ExpressO Top 100 Law Review List for the 2015-2016 Academic year.