Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Address: 25 East Pearson Street, Chicago IL 60637
- Contact: Insa Blanke
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +1-312-915-7091
Loyola University Chicago was established by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) as St. Ignatius College in 1870, the year before the Great Chicago Fire. The first campus was originally on Chicago's near South Side, where St. Ignatius High School is now located. Loyola was moved to what is now the Lake Shore Campus on Chicago's North Side in 1908.
For over 100 years, the School of Law has offered excellence in legal education to men and women from across the country and around the world. The school's innovative, broad-based curriculum draws on the interdisciplinary strengths of Loyola University Chicago to train tomorrow's lawyers to be counselors, planners, mediators, arbitrators, judges, policy makers and litigators.
Students can complement their studies by joining one or more of the more than 30 student-run organizations, or working on one of the school's six distinguished law publications. The School of Law offers an atmosphere that encourages learning while nurturing personal growth through the Jesuit ideals of service and ethics.
Law students at Loyola build strong relationships with the faculty that last well beyond their years at the school. As a result, alumni feel a strong bond to the School of Law and to each other, as demonstrated by their active participation as mentors, and as coaches and judges for student competitions. Alumni also generously support scholarships and other activities at the school.