Texas A&M University School of Law
- Address: 1515 Commerce St Fort Worth 76102
- Contact: Jack Manhire
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +1 817-212-3839
Texas A&M is the state's first public institution of higher education. With a student body of more than 59,000 and more than 5,200 acres on the College Station campus, Texas A&M is also among the nation's largest universities. Our origins, however, are much humbler: we owe our existence to the Morrill Act, approved by the United States Congress on July 2, 1862. This act provided for donation of public land to the states for the purpose of funding higher education whose "leading object shall be, without excluding other scientific and classical studies, and including military tactics, to teach such branches of learning as are related to agriculture and mechanic arts."
Founded in 1989, the law school began as the DFW School of Law in Irving, Texas, then became the Texas Wesleyan University School of Law in 1992. Texas A&M University acquired the law school in 2013.
On June 26, 2012, Texas Wesleyan University and Texas A&M University reached an agreement whereby the university would take over ownership and operational control of the School, to be renamed the Texas A&M University School of Law. The agreement was finalized on August 12, 2013, with Texas A&M purchasing the school and all its physical and licensing assets for $73 million.