LL.M. in Intellectual Property and Technology Law
- Address: 55 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210-1391
- Administrative Contact: Information Office
- Administrative Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1 (614) 292-1241
- Website: http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/admis...
- Master of laws (LL.M.)
- Starting date: August
- Tuition Fee: $46,455.00 USD
- Language: English
- Program type: Full-time
- Duration: 1 year
- Specialization: Intellectual property
Due to recent scientific and technological advances, lawyering in the digital age has become increasingly important and complex.
Students interested in intellectual property may study the principal forms of protection: copyright, trademark, and patent law. Moritz also offers multiple advanced intellectual property courses focused on issues related to the Internet and technology and protecting both copyright and ownership of material as well as privacy.
Find course offerings in this area with our Course Explorer.
*It should be noted that not all classes are offered every year, and course offerings are subject to change. Additionally, certain upper level courses may necessitate taking pre-requisite course/s.
Programs & Other Opportunities
- Center for Interdisciplinary Law and Policy Studies
- Intellectual Property Law Society
- Law and Capital Markets @ Ohio State
The LL.M. program is limited to students who have:
- obtained an LL.B. from a foreign country; or
- completed in a foreign country the university-based legal education required to take the equivalent of the bar examination in that foreign country; or
- qualified to practice law in a foreign country; or
- the equivalent thereof as determined by the LL.M. Admissions Committee.
In admitting students, the LL.M. Admissions Committee will consider, among other things, outstanding academic performance, professional experience, and quality of the degree-granting institution.
The regular application cycle for admission to the LL.M. Program is from September 15 to April 15 for enrollment the following August. Starting in Fall 2013 and due to an increase in the number of applications received by the LL.M. Program, the LL.M. Admissions Committee will be reviewing applications early and making decisions on admissions for early applications. PLEASE NOTE: The LL.M. Program will CONTINUE accepting and reviewing applications until April 15. However, applications which are complete and are received by the Program by November 1 will receive priority review and a decision by December 1.
We recommend that you start your application to the Moritz LL.M. Program early. Part of the application process necessitates that you work with third parties, whether they be your recommenders, or institutions that will need to provide documents or scores to complete your application. Moreover, it may often take up to three months to obtain a student visa, if needed, once you have been officially accepted to the program.
Please read instructions for each section carefully. All required materials must be received before you will be considered for admission to the Moritz LL.M. Program. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Moritz LL.M. office at (614) 292-1241 or
Please find more information here.