International Financial Law LLM
- Address: Strand, London WC2R 2LS, England, United Kingdom
- Administrative contact: Postgraduate Officer
- Administrative Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 (0) 20 7848 2097 / 2711
- Website: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectu...
- Manager Contact: Professor Ravi Tennekoon
- Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Master of laws (LL.M.)
- Starting date: September
- Tuition Fee: 25,000 - 30,000 USD
- Language: English
- Program type: Part-time; Full-time
- Duration: 1 year; 2 years; 3 years; 4 years
- Specialization: Finance, Banking; International Law
- Recognised first degree in law (or a degree with at least 70% law content) of at least upper second class honours standard or an equivalent overseas qualification.
- Exceptionally, you may be considered where a comparable academic level has been achieved through other graduate studies and where work or experience has made you a suitable candidate for the LLM.
- English language entry requirements: further information can be found here
- For EU/international students (where eligible) there is additional country-specific information within the international students section
- complete graduate online application form (application online here)
- join 2 references
- join transcript of law degree
- join your personal statement
More information can be found here.
- Full time UK fees: £15,000 p.a. (2017/18)*
- Full time overseas fees: £22,800 p.a. (2017/18)*
- Part time UK fees: £7,500 p.a. (2017/18)*
- Part time overseas fees: £11,400 p.a. (2017/18)*
Please note: Current regulations allow some students to pay UK tuition fees on the basis of their EU citizenship or residency. Until these eligibility criteria are changed, the EU tuition fee will remain the same as the UK tuition fee.
*These tuition fees may be subject to additional increases in subsequent years of study, in line with King’s terms and conditions.
The International Financial Law LLM focuses on the law, documentation and legal issues affecting major transactions in global financial markets (International loans and Bonds, International Project Finance, Derivatives and Securitisations), corporate mergers and acquisitions and their regulations under key legal regimes (EU, US and the UK), as well as international investment.
It will give you an in-depth understanding of many of the cutting edge transactions in this field (eg credit derivative structures and synthetic securitisations) as well as the volume of anticipated regulatory law now being enacted both in the EU and in the US in response to the financial market crisis of 2008. It will also cover allied legal disciplines strongly related to these topics such as Comparative Corporate Insolvency.
The LLM is strongly oriented towards a problem-solving approach, both as to legal rules and their practical use. It consequently has a clear practice orientation, but also employs critical analysis of the law and its development to the issues of the global financial market.
List of modules (subject to change):
- Commercial Banking Law - Optional
- Financial Risk, Stability & Regulation - Optional
- International Investment Law - Optional
- Law Of International Finance 1 - Optional
- Law of International Finance 2 - Project Finance & Loan Sales - Optional
- Law of International Finance 3 - Securitisations, Derivatives & CDOs - Optional
- Legal Issues In Corporate Finance - Optional
- Principles of Financial Regulation in the EU - Optional
- Regulation of Financial Services: Part 1 - Optional
- Regulation Of Financial Services: Part 2 - Optional
- Regulation of the Conduct of Mergers & Acquisitions - Optional
- Transnational & Comparative Commercial & Financial Law - Optional
- Transnational & Comparative Law of Insolvency & Reorganisation - Optional
More information can be found here .