International Tax LLM
- Address: Strand London WC2R 2LS
- Administrative contact: Postgraduate Officer
- Administrative Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Phone: +44 (0) 20 7848 2097 / 2711;
- Website: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectu...
- Manager Contact: Professor Jonathan Schwarz
- Manager Email: email@example.com
- Master of laws (LL.M.)
- Starting date: September
- Tuition Fee: 25,000 - 30,000 USD
- Language: English
- Program type: Part-time; Full-time
- Duration: 1 year; 2 years; 3 years; 4 years
- Specialization: Taxation; International Law
Applicants who wish to enrol for the LLM in International Tax may apply for admission on the basis of one of the following two paragraphs:
1. The applicant must hold a recognised first degree in law (or a degree with at least 70% law content) of at least high upper second class honours standard or an equivalent overseas qualification
2. The applicant must:
(i) hold a recognised first degree in any discipline of at least high upper second class honours standard or an equivalent overseas qualification (with a preference for degrees in accounting or other tax-related fields); AND
(ii) have at least 12 months’ appropriate work experience in the Tax sector.
- english language entry requirements: all informations here.
- for EU/international students (where eligible) there is additional country-specific information within the international students section.
- complete graduate online application form (application online here)
- join 2 references
- join transcript of law degree
- join your personal statement
Further information can be found here.
- Full time UK fees: £15,000 p.a. (2017/18)*
- Full time overseas fees: £22,800 p.a. (2017/18)*
- Part time UK fees: £7,500 p.a. (2017/18)*
- Part time overseas fees: £11,400 p.a. (2017/18)*
Please note: Current regulations allow some students to pay UK tuition fees on the basis of their EU citizenship or residency. Until these eligibility criteria are changed, the EU tuition fee will remain the same as the UK tuition fee.
*These tuition fees may be subject to additional increases in subsequent years of study, in line with King’s terms and conditions.
On this LLM you will learn how tax works, how adding or subtracting a single step can change corporate transactions, or government policies, and determine whether they succeed or fail.
The King's specialist LLM in International Tax is lead by Professor Jonathan Schwarz, practicing barrister, who is well recognised for his tax expertise. King's tax modules are open to those with or without previous tax experience but we expect all out students to be able to analyse legal and commercial concepts and then apply them to a complex factual matrix. You will need creativity, intellectual rigour and a willingness to work hard. We think the rewards are worth it.
Many of the students go on to enjoy successful employment with some of the world's leading firms and institutions. Some have made the decision to specialise in tax but not all. A tax module can be an enhancement to other studies, such as in commercial, financial or EU law for example.
List of modules (subject to change):
- EU Tax Law - Optional
- International Tax Law - Optional
- Tax & Estate Planning - Optional
- Taxation Of Business Enterprises - Optional
- Transfer Pricing - Optional
- Value Added Tax - Optional
More information can be found here.