LLM in Islamic Law
- Administrative contact: Admission Office
- Administrative Email: email@example.com;
- Phone: +44 (0)20 7898 4361/ 4311/ 4322/ 4321/ 4310/ 4597;
- Website: http://www.soas.ac.uk/law/prog...
- Master of laws (LL.M.)
- Starting date: September
- Tuition Fee: 25,000 - 30,000 USD
- Language: English
- Program type: Part-time; Full-time
- Duration: 1 year; 2 years; 3 years; 4 years
- Specialization: International Law
- Minimum Entry Requirements: minimum upper second class honours degree (or equivalent) in Law
- English Language Requirements: all non-native English speaking applicants are required to submit evidence of their current level of academic English with IELTS (overall 7) or Perason Test of English - Academic (with score of 75). More informations here.
Students are required to take four taught courses, one of which will be assessed by a 15,000 word dissertation, as follows:
- At least three courses from the list below
- The fourth option may be chosen from the General Course list or an approved language.
- Dissertation (15,000 words), on a topic related to one of their chosen courses
There is also an optional pre-sessional course.
- Arab comparative commercial law
- Foundations of Comparative Law
- Foundations of international law
- Human rights and Islamic law
- Critical Jurisprudence in Islamic Law and Society
- Islamic law (MA/LLM)
- Islamic law 2: succession
- Law and society in South Asia (MA/LLM)
- Law and society in the Middle East and North Africa
- Law of Islamic finance
- Religion & Comparative Constitutionalism